I thought a note about aging is always appropriate for the baby boomers and generation X’s which are all ready for changes in their lives. We all know we don’t want to get older but there are some easy steps we can make for better living and not just for looking your best but feeling your best as well.
- Avoid smoking cigarettes
- Have no more than one alcoholic beverage in a 24 hour period
- Exercise regularly with weight-bearing, maintaining the triad of weight-bearing, aerobic and balance activities
- Maintain a comfortable weight
- Get regular medical checkups
- Avoid falls, head injuries, and medications that cause confusion (either over-the-counter or prescription)
- Keep yourself stimulated with hobbies, etc.